AN, MS, NAS
AN, MS, and NAS washers are standardized types of washers used primarily in the aviation and aerospace industries. These washers are designed to meet specific quality and performance standards. Here's an overview of each type:
AN Washers (Army-Navy Washers):
- AN washers are standardized by the U.S. Department of Defense, particularly the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy.
- They are used in military and aerospace applications, including aircraft and other defense-related equipment.
- AN washers are manufactured to strict standards, ensuring quality and reliability.
- They are available in various types, including flat washers, lock washers, and other configurations.
- The part numbers for AN washers typically begin with "AN" followed by a number (e.g., AN960, AN970).
MS Washers (Military Standard Washers):
- MS washers are washers that conform to military standards and specifications.
- They are used in military and aerospace applications and are subject to rigorous quality control standards.
- MS washers come in various types, including flat washers, split lock washers, and more.
- The part numbers for MS washers typically begin with "MS" followed by a number (e.g., MS15795).
NAS Washers (National Aerospace Standard Washers):
- NAS washers are washers that adhere to the National Aerospace Standards (NAS) system.
- NAS is a system of standards and specifications used in the aerospace industry to ensure uniformity and reliability.
- NAS washers are designed to meet the specific requirements of aerospace applications, including those used in aircraft construction and maintenance.
- The part numbers for NAS washers begin with "NAS" followed by a number (e.g., NAS1149).
These specialized washers are manufactured to meet the stringent demands of aviation and aerospace applications, where precision, quality, and reliability are of utmost importance. They are available in various materials, sizes, and configurations, and they play a critical role in ensuring the safety and performance of aircraft and related equipment.